UMO with HBK: Heated bed causes resets.

lampmaker

Posted · UMO with HBK: Heated bed causes resets.

I recently upgraded my old Ultimaker Original with a heated bed kit.

Everything works, but heating / controlling the bed causes random resets. When the bed temperature is set to 0, everything prints fine.

Just setting the bed at 60° and not printing will not cause resets, but when the bed is controlled during a print, it resets frequently, but randomly. Could be 5 minutes, could be 30 minutes.

I suspect switching the bed on/off causes some power fluctuations . Currently don't have a scope to verify this this.

Checked all the wiring to make sure it's not a short or loose wire somewhere.

Anybody seen this before? Any ideas how it could be resolved? Like putting a big capacitor across the heated bed connector, for example.

- Printing from SD

- Electronics 1.5.3 with upgraded arduino mega256 board

- Ful graphic smart controller

- Marlin 16.04.1

Posted · UMO with HBK: Heated bed causes resets.

I'd check the label on each power supply brick and see what each is rated for.

On my heated bed upgrade to my UMO, I really had to screw down hard on the terminals to make a good connection. When I was reading your post, I was thinking you might have had the same issue I had. But if you have a weak power supply, that'll cause problems!