How to extrude lots of material before print starts

Posted · How to extrude lots of material before print starts

so i notice on quite a few videos of the UM2 (and its variants) it extrudes a nice little pile of fillament before it starts printing, off in one corner.

now this looks super useful. with my ultimaker original (with loads of upgrades) i have to do this manually, and sometimes forget to paus a print while its pre-heating.

what setting is it in Cura to enable this? and is it a setting that was still present waaaay back in 14.07?

many thanks!

Posted · How to extrude lots of material before print starts

you can set the position and the length of fillament to prime in the start g-code in cura (for the UMO)

just google "start gcode" and you'll get plenty of examples available here on the forum.

- for the UM2 it's setup in the firmware.

• Like 1