Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
luisito

Brass nozzle jammed after printing some bronze parts

I know brass is not the intended nozzle to print bronze. I printed only about 5 parts and then replaced it with a hardened steel nozzle.

However, when I tried to use again the brass nozzle (0.4mm) i have been unable to clean it up. No way. I tried atomic pull several times without success.

I can see the hole is closed with some remainings of bronze filament at the nozzle tip.

Any recommended way to recover this nozzle ? Perhaps using some higher temps or something ?

Luis.

I always keep my dirty nozzles in a seperate place and we I got enough of them then I clean them with a butan torch.

I hold the nozzle with a heat resistant pair of tweezers to not get burned. Make sure you put a heat resistant plate on the table you're going to do this or you'll destroy your table with nasty burn holes.

Nozzles that I used for long prints with abrasive materials are going straight in the trash can because they are worn-out. :)

fyi, a new nozzle costs 12 euros.