UMO+ shuts down when preheating PLA1

Pablo28

Posted · UMO+ shuts down when preheating PLA1

Hi all,

I'm currently finishing the set-up of my UMO+. Before loading the filament you have to heat up the nozzle by selecting PLA1 in the preheat menu. When I select this the Ulticontroller switches off and immediately starts up again but doesn't heat up. I checked the wiring for mistakes or bad connections, but couldn't find anything wrong. Does anyone have an idea what's going wrong?

Thx in advance,

Jasper

Is it a good idea to connect the heater with the heater bed? I know the bed works, so I guess if the heater is the problem it should not work (although brand new).

Thx

Jasper

No not a good idea. Does it reboot when you heat the hotend or the bed? Or only when both? Try to go prepare/temperature and heat bed first, then heat hotend. If it reboots do it in reverse. And check if restarts when heating bed or hotend or when both.

Thanks for your reply. If I heat the bed first I can heat the hotend. If I start with the hotend the ultimaker reboots and doesn't heat up. Does this mean that you always have to heat up the bed first?

No. that's really weird and I would make photos of all the heater/bed connections (since you already check them), then I would measure the Ohm of each heater and with all that info I would contact my reseller and ask them for a solution just in case is the hotend/bed heaters or the power supply.

That behavior on a umo+ (unless you did any weird mod and for what you say you are using all the kit parts only) isn't normal.