Cura wont open see logfile for details

BlazingBlob

Posted (edited) · Cura wont open see logfile for details

hello,

hopefully i have come to the right place.

anyway

I attempted to open cura 2.1.3 however, it crashes and displays an error saying "see log file C : Program Files\Cura2.1\Cura.log for details"

when i open the file it displays permission error error no 13 permission denied (then where the file is located)

i then go to that file and i am able to open it, i have checked the security permissions on it and it is fine.

i have uninstalled and reinstalled, i have installed in diferent places, i have restarted my machine in between installs. i dont know what to do now

how can i fix this i kinda need cura up and running soon.

thanks in advance

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · Cura wont open see logfile for details

I would suggest downloading Cura 2.3. While it is Beta, it has numerous bug fixes from 2.1.3.

I suggest uninstalling Cura 2.1.3 and then cleaning out your old settings from previous installs by renaming the Cura folder in the Users directory:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\cura

Just rename the cura folder to something like cura-old just in case you need to go back to it.

Then install Cura 2.3 and it will be a fresh/clean install.

Hopefully that will either fix your startup issues or at least allow you to see the log files.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura wont open see logfile for details

Just be aware that someone has reported 2.3 not working under Windows 10. It works on mine but maybe there have been releases of 2.3.0 since I installed. I also recall someone complaining that releases had been made without the release number being updated, so the latest could be wrong and still called 2.3.0 - I am quoting, not saying

Posted · Cura wont open see logfile for details

Just be aware that someone has reported 2.3 not working under Windows 10. It works on mine but maybe there have been releases of 2.3.0 since I installed. I also recall someone complaining that releases had been made without the release number being updated, so the latest could be wrong and still called 2.3.0 - I am quoting, not saying