Shipping Schedule for UM3

Posted · Shipping Schedule for UM3

Ok, it is launched! So now what? You start shipping them for the first customer orders. Hopefully you supply chain is all ramped up and this will be a smooth process. Also, hopefully, you will be sharing news of shipments on the forum? Doubly hopefully your regional resellers will be be communicating their own statuses to those first, obviously impatient, buyers. Triply hopefully the UK will be getting some stock soon! I understand the official line is shipping in two to six weeks. Hopefully the outside of this range is pessimistic!

Ok, it is launched! So now what?
    We take a deep breath.

You start shipping them for the first customer orders.
    Just the software engineer here. But what I think is happening right now, the machines are being shipped from our factory in The Netherlands and the US to our distributors in each country. They ship them to the re-sellers, and the re-sellers will ship them to you.

Hopefully you supply chain is all ramped up and this will be a smooth process.
    I've seen a sea of machines here in The Netherlands factory. Really mind blowing, it's the only way how I can describe it. Last things I've heard where that everything was going ok, additional parts are still coming in, but all parts are in stock and machines are being build every day.

Also, hopefully, you will be sharing news of shipments on the forum?
    Trust no-one! I've heard "begin november" here in the hallway. But I'm nowhere near a reliable source for anything shipping or assembly related. So that could also mean that they arrive at the distributors at that point in time.

I understand the official line is shipping in two to six weeks. Hopefully the outside of this range is pessimistic!
    Well, if I look at our history, we don't have the best track record in estimating shipping times on product launches. But I'm 1000% sure that we are better equipped to handle the requests then with the UM2.
    • Like 3

In advance of getting my new printer I have decided to name her Dorothy. So. RELEASE DOROTHY! There is a nice warm place here on the banks of the Thames for her to hang out in rather than some dank and dreary warehouse in the Netherlands. RELEASE DOROTHY!

• Like 4

Hi @Wisar,

Coming from a source which does know more ;)

- If you want the latest updates in regard of your order the best place to get this from would be your reseller. They have your Ultimaker 3 on stock and they will ship it to you. Before we/they send Dorothy into the wild, we want to make sure she is all ready and prepared to take on the world. And that the entire network is ready to answer any questions following her arrival. This takes a few days, so estimation is that we start shipping beginning of November. So two to six weeks sounds very reasonable.

I'm looking forward to see what you will be making once you have welcomed her into your home. A whole new era is starting, with a whole new set of possibilities!

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

Posted (edited) · Shipping Schedule for UM3

Hi @Wisar,

Coming from a source which does know more ;)

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

Good to see you back in time for the fun!  I will be staying on top of 3DGBIRE where I had the first UM3 order in their door.   :-o  I want to hope for the two side of that estimate not the six side!

Wisar

Edited by Guest

How are things looking at the warehouse? My distributor (3DGBIRE) has told me that they do not have notice yet of when they are getting some printers but that the early buyers (that would include me at #1) would be notified when they do. Hopefully trucks are in the yard getting ready to load?

How are things looking at the warehouse?  My distributor (3DGBIRE) has told me that they do not have notice yet of when they are getting some printers but that the early buyers (that would include me at #1) would be notified when they do.  Hopefully trucks are in the yard getting ready to load?

it seems the benelux distributor has them ready to ship..

http://www.trideus.be/en/ultimaker-3.html

it seems the benelux distributor has them ready to ship..

http://www.trideus.be/en/ultimaker-3.html

That is good news but as I am in the UK I have but one word to say. Hmpfh! ...and...Release Dorothy!

New printer arrives tomorrow!

• Like 1

New printer arrives tomorrow!

congratulions :) hope you enjoy!

also, when turning it on for the first time, give it about a minute before the display lights up :) don't be worried!

• Like 1