Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Dana

New Cura (2.1.3) Print Estimates Slower? (and actual printing)

Hi, using standard features in the old and new Cura I expected pretty much the same print speeds but the new software seems much much slower, granted some of the pieces I am printing are bigger but I have accounted for that

quality is still the same (i.e. great!) and I notice no other differences other than the speed, now I am getting into two day prints...this is for a print that it 75*130*75 with .4mm PLA, high quality light fill

just seems slower to me, any ideas?

(I am not so comfortable with the new advanced settings as they do not seem so easy)

thanks Dan

There are certain settings that have a drastic impact on the time. We add new features that improve stuff all the time and sometimes those features will increase print time. We try to keep the print time as fast as possible, but it's always a balancing act between quality, print time, slice time & difficulty of implementation.

So sometimes we find something that works for 99% of the models, but makes it slower for the 1% and then we still enable that feature.

The problem here is that it's hard to say what exactly is making this print so slow (so making it faster needs an expert)