lepper

firmware update

Posted · firmware update

Hello couple days ago i bought ultimaker 2 everything was all right prints was in wery good quality yesterday i download lates cura and cura ask me for firware update I instal updet and now printer messing all prints step motor clicking and i can see missing layers on prints this is all after update I dont know with firmware i had before. Can somebody know how to solwe that?

Posted · firmware update

Easiest way to remove the firmware fro the equation is to download an older Cura (or the one you used before) and do a firmware update from that Cura.

Also even if your gut tells is one thing it might be other. Please post pictures of the failed print, it helps a lot to find the issue.

Posted · firmware update

I tried to instal firmware from cura 15 and 14 it is beter than lates cura but don t solwe the problem i will do some photos

Posted · firmware update

Just thinking out loud. But feeder doing noise on um2 use to be a clear indication of PTFE coupler dead. Read more about that on https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/19619-ulti-evening-maintenance

UM2 PTFE couplers have a life of print hours from 50 to 200. UM2+ TFM couplers have a much longer print hours from 200 to 2000 (depends on the temperatures used). So it could be a good idea to think about upgrading the hotend. How to upgrade it depends on how much fiddling are you up to do. With some modding skills can be done quite fast (TFM + printed spacer) but if you are more the plug/use kind there's a full UM2+ upgrade that can improve your machine in many ways.

Posted · firmware update

I can do upgrade it s no problem i just think it was problem with firware maybe when i upgrade first print was completly mess up and some block the nozzle i will take off hole nozzle and clean. It is worth to upgrade and where i can find kit to ugrade?