First 3D Printing Lesson

UserRAD

Posted · First 3D Printing Lesson

Hello everyone. The Thursday prior to Columbus Day I pitched the school's Technology Program to the 6th Grade, which consists of 41 students. From that I have 8 students who are participating in it. We will have alternating meetings to learn about electronics and 3D printing. Our first 3D printing class is tomorrow.

I plan on teaching the basics of printers and then on to 3D printing. I will have them help unbox, set-up, and calibrate the Ultimaker 2+. I will ask them to select a 3D print from the Ultimaker supplied memory card and start it. While it is printing, I will introduce them to Tinkercad and they will start to learn how to use it. While they learn about Tinkercad, we will discuss 3D modeling and ideas for their own first prints.

Wish me luck :)

• Like 2