Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
gaschoa

UM 2 print bed raising too quickly at beginning of print (with video of problem)

I have an Ultimaker 2. Just recently when I begin prints, after the print head extrudes a bit of PLA (with the print bed the normal distance from nozzle) as the print head moves from the front left corner to the middle to begin printing, instead of gradually moving up to the nozzle, the print bed moves immediately to 1mm away from the nozzle, even with the nozzle in the front left corner.  The nozzle almost hits the metal clip on the print bed and the pre-extruded plastic clogs on the nozzle, not allowing anything to print properly.

Has anyone seen this problem before? I did a factory reset on the machine, and it is still having the same problem.

Here is a video of the problem:

Edited by Guest

Hm. There is not any start/end.GCode in UltiGCode.

As far as i can see, the first Z-Move in UltiGCode is a combined move like this:

;LAYER:0

M107

G10

G0 F2400 X103.645 Y103.403 Z.27 //combined move to print start

And if so in your GCode, than the Z-Move to 0 must be initiate by firmware.

In this case, i suspect the problem in the firmware.

Hm. There is not any  start/end.GCode in UltiGCode.

As far as i can see, the first Z-Move in UltiGCode is a combined move like this:

;LAYER:0

M107

G10

G0 F2400 X103.645 Y103.403 Z.27  //combined move to print start

@gaschoa

Which Cura version are you using?

I remember that the first move command looks different, if the skirt is "misused" as a replacement for brim (line count > 1 and/or a very small start distance).

Can you show us the first few lines of the gcode file?