UM3 Not Turning On After Unboxing

britt121

Posted · UM3 Not Turning On After Unboxing

Just unboxed my UM3 and needless to say, was very excited to get a test print running.

I set it up according to the online video's unboxing steps. However, as soon as I press the "On" switch in the back, a switch underneath the printer can be heard (perhaps just the actual power switch which's sound seems slightly magnified), and the extruder fans turn on - both for a second. The LCD screen never lights up, and no other response other than what I mentioned above.

The power brick is the sole device plugged into the outlet and shines a blue light, and I have re-inserted both the spool's cord as well as the power source's cord several times. I have removed the hot ends AA and BB several times, and have essentially plugged/un-plugged every wired connection that is easily accessible.

Is anyone else having this wonderfully unpleasant problem upon unboxing your UM3?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

-Brittany

If you don't have experience checking the board cables I would contact your reseller asap so they give you help. It might be just that the cable that powers the small new board has the power cable unplugged due movement on transit.

How long have you waited after turning it on? It takes a while to start up and see the "Ultimaker" logo on the screen... Hopefully its just that.

If you've waited enough and still nothing happened... then contact your reseller as neotko suggests.

Thank you guys for the responses! I was going to check out the board but they have designed the compartments that house the board very well, making the screws almost impossible to access on the UM3. I sent it back and the replacement is in transit. Looking forward to finally getting it up and running!

Thanks again!