Print Quality Improvements

the_schire

Posted · Print Quality Improvements

So I just ran off a 3D Benchy and I noticed some things I didn't like. I noticed some stringing, but that's probably just because my temperature is a little high. The other thing I noticed is it looks like there's a touch of layer shift. Anyone have any ideas on how to counteract that? Printed at 227c @60mm/s, bed 50c in Colorfabb Yellow PLA.

IMG_3484.thumb.JPG.4ab23c5526b4c056c02c4f2fcb033209.JPG

IMG_3483.thumb.JPG.aef66de8580096e55759f147a7239e42.JPG

IMG_3484.thumb.JPG.4ab23c5526b4c056c02c4f2fcb033209.JPG

IMG_3483.thumb.JPG.aef66de8580096e55759f147a7239e42.JPG

Hi, thank you for your post.

Could you pinpoint the layer shift on the photos where you see it?

If there is a change in surface in Z, have you tried cleaning your threaded Z-rod? You can move the bed up and down and push a cloth in between the threads. Make sure to add some new magna lube once you have cleaned it.

Hi, thank you for your post.

Could you pinpoint the layer shift on the photos where you see it?

If there is a change in surface in Z, have you tried cleaning your threaded Z-rod? You can move the bed up and down and push a cloth in between the threads. Make sure to add some new magna lube once you have cleaned it.

If you look a couple mm under the anchor holes, it looks like the layers shifted forward about a millimeter. My spidey senses say it's a loose belt, I might try printing some belt tensioners, but I don't always experience layer shift.