Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
SonKim

AA print core stuck

Yup, it is stuck I can't pull it out. Is there another way to get it out without destroying the extruder? Can I take the screws out?

The BB print core port seems to be fine I can insert and remove print core with ease.

edit: I got it out, gotta be precise since it was kinda stuck. I had to push the brass part of the nozzle up and hold the black down and push the whole thing out at the same time. I switch out to the other AA core it seem easier to remove.

Edited by Guest

Hi SonKim,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to hear you were having difficulties getting the core out of your Ultimaker 3, but I am happy to hear you succeeded.

Do you remember how you held the core, when grabbing the lever?

grips.thumb.jpg.55b1966967615a708d81c620d93e20e7.jpg

If you do not squeeze it where the cone indicates where to hold your finger, you might not pull up the core straight up, but pull it 'in', tilting it. That might make it appear to be stuck. Give it a try, if this was indeed the case.

Looking forward hearing from you!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Hi SandervG,

thanks for replying with the very helpful picture. I believe my grip was good, but for whatever reason it won't pop up, so using an extra finger to push the brass part up really helped things. The original core AA print core came with the UM3, so I didn't install it.

Thank you for your message. Perhaps if you are willing to post some photo's of your print core we would be able to detect something which is slightly off?

Have you tried again to grip it and see if it worked, based on the photo's?

If it indeed still gets stuck somewhere, could you indicate on a photo where it gets stuck exactly?

Looking forward hearing from you!