UM3 led colors not working properly after firmware upgrade

Zwakie

Posted · UM3 led colors not working properly after firmware upgrade

Two days ago I initiated a firmware upgrade via the menu on my UM3, and I noticed that the colors off the LED's on the nozzles are no longer RED when the associated extruder is hot, nor are they alternating RED/BLUE when cooling down or heating up.

I only see this when the actual print has started, in the preparation phase the colors are correct (as per the manuals).

Using Cura I checked the temperatures, these are all OK (also for the extruder that is on 'stand-by') without oscillations.

I suspect this is just a coding issue in the firmware that only affects the 'color-coding' logic since the machine itself is all that it is supposed to. I am OK with things being this way, but for others this might be problematic, so I thought it would be best to just report it so that UM can fix this.

so this is an undocumented update :)

apparently, as i was told, many people were complaining about the nozzles having a red color when they were hot and printing, giving the impression something was wrong..

so yes, this is known and the intended use. documentation should be updated.

Are you sure you installed the "stable version"? and not the test version ?

Asking as according to my knowledge there has not been an update of the stable version in the last weeks....

Posted (edited) · UM3 led colors not working properly after firmware upgrade

Are you sure you installed the "stable version"? and not the test version ?

Did the upgrade using the menu on UM3's screen itself, so I am assuming it will only get stable versions.... I will check firmware version once current print is ready and update this post with the version currently on the machine. I remember that '20161104' was part of the version, so I am assuming this version was released Nov. 4th?

Edited by Guest

...many people were complaining about the nozzles having a red color when they were hot and printing, giving the impression something was wrong..

So sales are going strong hu? ;) (just kidding)

If that indeed is the case, that's fine with me (as long as the temps are correct I'm a happy camper)

'20161104' was part of the version

yep, thats indeed the latest stable version