Trouble accessing the Ultimaker 3 via my phone / iPad.

origamidave

Posted · Trouble accessing the Ultimaker 3 via my phone / iPad.

Whenever I try to pull up the printers camera (http://192.168.1.234/?action=stream) it redirects me to the setup page. I've already setup the printer and gave it a name and all. I can view it in Cura.

Have I missed something? I'd really like to be able to view the print progress without being at the printer.

From my understanding, I have to be at home (where the printer is) to be able to do this. Is there a way to view it on my phone from anywhere with coverage? I don't know a whole lot about Networking so you might have to ELI5 for me... or point me to a good resource and I can learn how to do it.

Thanks.

Posted (edited) · Trouble accessing the Ultimaker 3 via my phone / iPad.

Tried that and it didn't work.

This site can’t be reached192.168.1.234 refused to connect.Try:Checking the connectionChecking the proxy and the firewallERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

EDIT:  The printer is on but not currently printing anything if that matters.

EDIT2: The connection is spotty when connecting to Cura. One time i'll send a print over Wifi and it'll work just fine, another time i'll have to try to send it 5 times... Ultimaker sent me a new Wifi board, so I can replace that if you think that is the issue. I'm not convinced it is, because I can access the printer via the IP address, but what do I know...

Edited by Guest
    Thought of more stuff.

And the IP is correct? Do you see that IP on the printer menu (this shows when enabling the DEV mode)

But ofc if UM sent you a board must be for some reason?

Posted (edited) · Trouble accessing the Ultimaker 3 via my phone / iPad.

[Checks IP address on printer again to make sure i'm not a dumb-ass]  Yup, correct IP address.  I'm not in DEV mode.  Do I need to be to use this feature?  If so, what is DEV mode?

[system > Network > Connection status] is how I checked it.

So they sent me the Wifi board along with a Y stop switch (which broke) when I mentioned that the wifi was spotty.  I can replace it and see if it helps.

Side note, is there a way to send prints via WiFi without using Cura?  I'm currently using Simplify3D.

EDIT: I googled Dev mode.

Edited by Guest
    Remembered I have access to google.

Wifi without Cura... Not yet. But it will be possible.