Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
origamidave

Trouble accessing the Ultimaker 3 via my phone / iPad.

Whenever I try to pull up the printers camera (http://192.168.1.234/?action=stream) it redirects me to the setup page. I've already setup the printer and gave it a name and all. I can view it in Cura.

Have I missed something? I'd really like to be able to view the print progress without being at the printer.

From my understanding, I have to be at home (where the printer is) to be able to do this. Is there a way to view it on my phone from anywhere with coverage? I don't know a whole lot about Networking so you might have to ELI5 for me... or point me to a good resource and I can learn how to do it.

Thanks.

Tried that and it didn't work.

This site can’t be reached192.168.1.234 refused to connect.Try:Checking the connectionChecking the proxy and the firewallERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

EDIT:  The printer is on but not currently printing anything if that matters.

EDIT2: The connection is spotty when connecting to Cura. One time i'll send a print over Wifi and it'll work just fine, another time i'll have to try to send it 5 times... Ultimaker sent me a new Wifi board, so I can replace that if you think that is the issue. I'm not convinced it is, because I can access the printer via the IP address, but what do I know...

Edited by Guest
Thought of more stuff.

[Checks IP address on printer again to make sure i'm not a dumb-ass]  Yup, correct IP address.  I'm not in DEV mode.  Do I need to be to use this feature?  If so, what is DEV mode?

[system > Network > Connection status] is how I checked it.

So they sent me the Wifi board along with a Y stop switch (which broke) when I mentioned that the wifi was spotty.  I can replace it and see if it helps.

Side note, is there a way to send prints via WiFi without using Cura?  I'm currently using Simplify3D.

EDIT: I googled Dev mode.

Edited by Guest
Remembered I have access to google.