Project Ideas

Yoter

Posted · Project Ideas

I help several local schools with 3D printers, I've donated some and supported a few. I have a few schools asking for project ideas for elementary level students, and was hoping I could post here and see what ideas some of you have seen. I have three elementary level students, but they grew up in my shop, and I am guessing the projects they take on are not a good guide.

I am putting together a sheet with project ideas and a teachers guide. I am hoping to tap the community for ideas they have tried/want to try to get as many projects in the guide as possible. I then plan to develop the guide further by performing the projects with my own kids and some of their friends over weekend and modifying the step by step guide to highlight areas where little ones run into problems and how to resolve them.

If you have any projects you've done that worked out well, post them so I can look at them, please.

At the moment, I plan to just document and print out copies of this guide, but am considering putting them on a site where I can link videos etc... which format do you all think would be most appropriate?

Posted · Project Ideas

Hello,

I would suggest looking at the Ultimaker Pioneer site, I am one of the Pioneers this year and we publish content that may be of some help to you. What kinds of things are you trying to get students engaged with? This idea is great, but it is quite expansive. Do you have any specific targets in mind, do you have a software you want them to use?

• 5 weeks later...
    Posted · Project Ideas

Hi @Yoter, hope you are well! I was also wondering if you had any luck with collecting projects and get your students to work.

If you haven't already, the pioneer program could offer you some interesting input. Part of it, this page could be interesting to check out!