Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
aahlborg

Can't run Cura after upgrade to Ubuntu 16.10

I'm running Cura from thopiekar's PPA and it worked fine on Ubuntu 16.04 but after an upgrade to 16.10 it crashes with a segmentation fault after showing the splash screen. I have deleted ~/.local/share/cura, ~/.cache/cura and ~/.config/cura. I have also tried to remove Cura and the PPA and install it again but I see the same problem. Is there any dependency that might be missing after the upgrade?

These are the last lines of the log:

QObject::connect: Parentheses expected, signal MainWindow::

2016-12-10 09:57:36,618 - WARNING - .../cura/Settings/ContainerManager.py (getContainerMetaDataEntry [171]): Could not get metadata of container  because it was not found.

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

@Thopiekar Do you know what might be going wrong here?

Good question. I'm using Ubuntu YakketyYak aka 16.10 on my own I never got any problems so far. The only reason I can think of is that I missed a dependency, but as far as I can see from @aahlborg terminal output I see no output that mentions a missing module or any other component.

@aahlborg: Just to be sure. You are using my stable PPA, isn't it? - https://launchpad.net/~thopiekar/+archive/ubuntu/cura

Hello,

I have just install cura from your PPA with UBUNTU 16.10 and I got also an issue:

Last lines:

2017-01-14 16:38:48,707 - DEBUG - UM.Qt.Bindings.Theme.load [126]: Loading theme file: /usr/share/cura/resources/themes/cura/theme.json

2017-01-14 16:38:48,766 - DEBUG - UM.Qt.Bindings.Theme.load [186]: Loaded theme /usr/share/cura/resources/themes/cura

2017-01-14 16:38:48,827 - WARNING - cura.Settings.ContainerManager.getContainerMetaDataEntry [175]: Could not get metadata of container because it was not found.

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It would be great if you can help, otherwise I will have to revert back to 16.04 :-(

Thanks a lot in advance

Emeric

after a update from 16.04 to 16.10 I have the same problem ;(

2017-01-20 09:28:44,655 - DEBUG - STLReader.STLReader.read [63]: Loaded a mesh with 10224 vertices

2017-01-20 09:28:45,305 - DEBUG - UM.Qt.Bindings.Theme.load [126]: Loading theme file: /usr/share/cura/resources/themes/cura/theme.json

2017-01-20 09:28:45,396 - DEBUG - UM.Qt.Bindings.Theme.load [186]: Loaded theme /usr/share/cura/resources/themes/cura

Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)

thanks in advance

regards

yan

I'm seeing the same thing on 16.10.

The crash might not be related to any of those error messages. There is a lengthy pause after the messages during which the splash screen appears and disappears before the segmentation fault.

I've posted complete command line output here:

https://gist.github.com/ianmackinnon/828bf37d5b8a2be54b6147669ce341c3

@Thopiekar, is there a complete list of dependencies somewhere so that we can be sure we're not missing anything?

Thanks