Printer got stuck at "Time left unknown (then will change to 1sec) Printing: (parts name)

thisiskevin

Posted · Printer got stuck at "Time left unknown (then will change to 1sec) Printing: (parts name)

Hi awesome people!

I bought my Ultimaker 2 Extended+ couple months back and its been working perfectly. However when i finished printing something and tried to print another parts yesterday it just refused to print... I tried turning it off and on again, turning it off and wait for hours before turning it on again and lastly i did a factory reset. None of them worked and the printer is always stuck at this state whenever i tried to print something.

2vu0vf4.jpg

Currently getting a bit stressed out because i have no knowledge in programming nor engineering if i need to do something to it to fix it...

Has this ever happened to anyone? And if yes, is there a fix for this? Since i bought my printer from another country, that means i'll have to fly over to get it fixed there and it'll be very costly :(

Thank you and i really hope to hear from you guys!

Kevin

Posted · Printer got stuck at "Time left unknown (then will change to 1sec) Printing: (parts name)

I don't have a um2 so can't help much. Does that always happens? With all slicers? Exact when? You can't print anything?

Have you tried a different SD-card? Or try formatting the card?

Or try loading the STL-file in Cura again, and save it again on the SD-card?

I have no idea what the problem is, but from your description and the image it looks like the printer can read part of the gcode-file (which means the printer itself is not dead), but it then gets stuck halfway reading the file. So I would first search in that direction: defectieve SD-card (hardware), corrupt files or FAT-tables on the SD-card (software), bad connections,...