trouble with cura 2.3.1

svenh96

Posted · trouble with cura 2.3.1

Hey all,

i have used cura 2.3.1 now for a while only since yesterday cura decided not to start again. anyone has this problem aswell and has a fix to it.

when i run cura only a little load screens show up

after this it wil close and does not do anything else

reinstalled it already a copple times now. but doens't seem to work

thank you in advance

pc? mac? version of operating system? 64 bit? 32 bit version?

I have not had this problem.

If you have a pc definitely go into task manager and make sure all related tasks have stopped running. I guess possibly all copies of python might be important - not sure. But likely. Or reboot. But reinstalling shouldn't make any difference.

Hello gr5,

i have a windows pc. it is 64 bit system.

task manager doesn't seem to have anything open from Cura. but could you explain what you main with te python copies. i don't understand this part

i also rebooted a couple of times

windows 7? Windows 8? Other?

Okay well I have more time today to answer this. Plus you don't have a mac so I'm not wasting my breath.

When Cura 2.3.1 launches as far as I can tell the following processes can be running:

Cura.exe

CuraEngine.exe

Nevermind about python. Anyway make sure neither are running in the "Processes" tab of task manager. DO NOT look in the applications tab. As far as I can tell, that tab is useless for finding and/or ending processes.

I've had cases where I would launch a program but nothing would seem to happen and that was because it knew it was already running but didn't realize that the running copy was crashed.

I'm guessing however that none of this is helpful. There is a log file - try looking there. Maybe it's some graphics driver issue. For me the file is here:

C:\Users\Otis\AppData\Local\cura\cura.log

i use windows 10, in the task manager cura.exe and CuraEngine.exe show up. a couple seconds after curaengine.exe shows, they both close.

i also cant find the cura.log file in my folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura 2.3

Same problem. I cannot start Cura 2.3.1 on my PC with windows 7 home 64bit.

(Cura 2.1. works flawlessly)

i use windows 10, in the task manager cura.exe and CuraEngine.exe show up. a couple seconds after curaengine.exe shows, they both close.

i also cant find the cura.log file in my folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura 2.3

The log file is not in that folder. You can find it here:

C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Local\cura

I'm thinking you are running 64-bit Windows because you have 'Program Files(x86)' which is for apps that are not 64-bit compatible. I highly recommend that you install the 64-bit version of Cura if you are running 64-bit Windows.

From what I understand, there can be issues with running Cura 2.1 with newer versions of Cura - then tend not to like each other. Basically because some file formats where changed between those releases to make way for enhanced features.

So if you are trying to run both versions on one PC, I don't recommend it.

To see if this is the issue, you can rename the Cura folder located here to something like 'cura 2.1':

Then start Cura 2.3.1 and see if it runs. NOTE: It will be much like starting Cura fresh as many of your changes won't be there anymore (they are kept in that 'cura' folder above that you renamed.

If that doesn't work, or you don't like starting fresh all over again, quite Cura 2.3.1 and rename the 'cura 2.1' folder back to just 'cura' as it was before and then you can run Cura 2.1 just as before.

• Like 1

From what I understand, there can be issues with running Cura 2.1 with newer versions of Cura - then tend not to like each other. Basically because some file formats where changed between those releases to make way for enhanced features.

So if you are trying to run both versions on one PC, I don't recommend it.

To see if this is the issue, you can rename the Cura folder located here to something like 'cura 2.1':

Then start Cura 2.3.1 and see if it runs. NOTE: It will be much like starting Cura fresh as many of your changes won't be there anymore (they are kept in that 'cura' folder above that you renamed.

If that doesn't work, or you don't like starting fresh all over again, quite Cura 2.3.1 and rename the 'cura 2.1' folder back to just 'cura' as it was before and then you can run Cura 2.1 just as before.

Hello Dahai8,

thank you very much.

i renamed the

folder name and when i started cura again it created a new folder and start u correctly.

thank you again

hello aeternus,

the fix that worked for me can you find under the message from DaHai8

Works. Thank you very much!

• Like 1