Ulticontroler LCD failure

aabannink

Posted · Ulticontroler LCD failure

Hi,

Yesterday I was giving a Ultimaker demo in a business to business setting...

Halfway the evening my LCD on the ulticontroler went bananas... it kept printing (luckily) but you couldn't see anything on the lcd anymore.

When I restarted the ultimaker the LCD worked again... Does anyone else, also have this issue?

My connections seem to be ok...

thanx!

Alexander

Sadly, there is an electrical problem with the LCD wires, and the SD card can cause interference on the LCD itself. This causes the LCD to be garbled up. Re-inserting the SD card solves this, but you cannot do this during a print. On the positive side, it only garbles up the visual part of the LCD because of a communication error. Nothing is really broken, and everything continues to function except for visibility.

Daid, have you guys explored moving the SD card to a location removed from the LCD? Also, if the fully assembled kits are being sold with the UltiController, have you guys considered integrating the panel with the UM chassis?

Daid, have you guys explored moving the SD card to a location removed from the LCD? Also, if the fully assembled kits are being sold with the UltiController, have you guys considered integrating the panel with the UM chassis?

Yes we have, but that won't fix the issue. Actually all electronics are under the loop at the moment, as there are more interference issues, and some emission issues. But it's not like we can make a quick change to fix everything. Real engineering is required right now, and that takes some time.

Sadly, there is an electrical problem with the LCD wires, and the SD card can cause interference on the LCD itself. This causes the LCD to be garbled up. Re-inserting the SD card solves this, but you cannot do this during a print. On the positive side, it only garbles up the visual part of the LCD because of a communication error. Nothing is really broken, and everything continues to function except for visibility.

Love the fact that UM has been shipping non-functional electronics and not replacing any of them for customers. "Customer service" must have a vastly different definition in the Netherlands than it does in the U.S. First, my Ulticontroller died. Now, the main board is comatose.