Installed 0.2mm nozzle on Ultimaker Original with heated bed cant get as good results as with a 0.4 Nozzle ? any ideas?

Ca3PO4

Posted · Installed 0.2mm nozzle on Ultimaker Original with heated bed cant get as good results as with a 0.4 Nozzle ? any ideas?

Hello I installed a 0.2mm nozzle and am trying to print a model which came out real nice with the stock 0.4mm nozzle however I thought that the 0.2mm would improve dimensional accuracy. Unfortunatly im having some trouble with the print I just cant seem to get good prints I mean I starts off alright but towards the end of the print I get problems it looks like under extrusion . Included is the model im printing with my settings in the gcode. Hopefully someone can recommend a solution to get the sharpest possible print. Thanks . Oh ya im printing 3.0mm Mouldlay wax.

Link to download model :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ftlut8rrxhhxwbr/UMO_PM9+molar+6.gcode

Posted (edited) · Installed 0.2mm nozzle on Ultimaker Original with heated bed cant get as good results as with a 0.4 Nozzle ? any ideas?

Well, a 0.2mm nozzle does come with its own bunch of challenges, one problem is that the nozzle might be radiating too much heat into your print and make it less sharp.

Any pictures of your print?

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · Installed 0.2mm nozzle on Ultimaker Original with heated bed cant get as good results as with a 0.4 Nozzle ? any ideas?

Posted · Installed 0.2mm nozzle on Ultimaker Original with heated bed cant get as good results as with a 0.4 Nozzle ? any ideas?

I get the same thing happending when printing this in the New CURA. Bottom to middle half prints amazing but the trouble is with the top . Stops extruding at the stop ?

can you measure your filament with a caliper?

the package says: 3.00 mm max., and mine measures 2.8 mm, so you are under extruding if you fill in 3.00 mm.

the package says: 3.00 mm max., and mine measures 2.8 mm, so you are under extruding if you fill in 3.00 mm.

Aha I think you are right I just measured the filament and yes it is indeed 2.8 mm wow im shocked. Ok im going to see how it works with the 2.8 mm in setting and let you know. Thanks for the input .

Ok iv tried printing with the 2.8mm set under the filament diameter, there was significant improvment however I have also noticed something else, if i dont prime the nozzle before printing heavily there is almost no filament coming out from the nozzle. And when I look at the speed at which the feeder sprocket is turning its hardly moving at all. SO without priming manually before the print no Filament actually comes out the nozzle ! I checked the spring at back its 11mm , i even installed a new thermocouple. Still get this issue I am now beggining to think maybee its my firmware I flashed I have a self build heated bed kit so i downloaded a firmware that is not the original.

Ok I have solved the problem . It was the print head screws too tight. After loosening those screws a little it works fine now . :D

• Like 2