Ultimaker Original plus - Mysterious print-head movement

drhoex

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Original plus - Mysterious print-head movement

Hey guys,

so I recently bought my third Ultimaker, now the Ultimaker Original Plus. Right after the assembly (everything is working properly (sensors, motors,...) I updated the firmware with the newest Cura. Whenever I try to print the printer won't start on the position that I choose. It starts basically always in the top right corner.

But also the print-head seams to do whatever it wants. The lines won't connect, circles are no circles, and the position of a new line is always somewhere else then it should be - or where it was before.

I read a lot of entries regarding similar issues, but all of the pulleys are attached properly. Also the short belts are thightened enough. For me personally it seems to be a software problem, because the print head always moves in the same wrong position. This is why I also used older Cura versions, other models, different SD-cards and also different computers to create a gcode, but the problem is remaining.

Have you got any ideas what could solve my problem?

Thank you!

Ben

Datei_000.thumb.jpeg.a0bf0b70e4bc5e451d292f7a03e818f1.jpeg

5a33258cb6a89_Datei_000(1).thumb.jpeg.3539f2b485085f585b8615ac739ffebc.jpeg

Datei_000.thumb.jpeg.a0bf0b70e4bc5e451d292f7a03e818f1.jpeg

5a33258cb6a89_Datei_000(1).thumb.jpeg.3539f2b485085f585b8615ac739ffebc.jpeg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Ultimaker Original plus - Mysterious print-head movement

What do you mean by 'starts always in the top right corner'?

Can you make a fast video/youtube and show the issues?

Also, just in case the board was ever flashed (on Quality Control) with other printer firmware, do a Reset Settings on Control/Restore failsafe

What do you mean by 'starts always in the top right corner'?

Can you make a fast video/youtube and show the issues?

Also, just in case the board was ever flashed (on Quality Control) with other printer firmware, do a Reset Settings on Control/Restore failsafe

Okay I will try to perform a reset asap.

Here are two videos:

Vid1

Vid2

Sorry sorry but.. I don't get the problem. Is that the Z isn't moving so is printing over? Do you have the gcode to take a look?

The first video I don't see anything weird except the tack noise that seems like a bad linear bearing on the hotend. Can you trick to shake the head while off to see if it rattles?

Sorry sorry but.. I don't get the problem. Is that the Z isn't moving so is printing over? Do you have the gcode to take a look?

The first video I don't see anything weird except the tack noise that seems like a bad linear bearing on the hotend. Can you trick to shake the head while off to see if it rattles?

The problem is: The model is a circle, as you can see every round the printer prints is located on a different position. Circles are not being closed and every new line is located not where it should. This does not affect only circles. Also rectangles are not finished, it seems like the print-head does not know where it is located, even while the sensors are working.

In other posts it was described that the pulleys would not be be tightened enough, whenever the print head prints on the wrong position. But my pulleys are tightened...

Edited by Guest

Maybe check the motor pulleys. Is easy to forget tightening the pulleys of the motors. Also check the x/y belts are ok and not loose.

Edited by Guest

Maybe check the motor pulleys. Is easy to forget tightening the pulleys of the motors. Also check the x/y belts are ok and not loose.

Yeah I did that right after the error occured. Everything is tight, all 6 pulleys and the belts...

Edited by Guest

Umm 12 pulleys? Motor pulley x2 pulley from motor x2, and 8 pulleys more on the long belts. You mean 6 belts? Check all the pulleys, make a small mark on them and launch a print, the one slipping should be easier to find.

Also there's something weird on the short belt of the bottom right corner, is like 'fat', just a bit weird maybe is just the video.

Edit: I mean this seems a bit weird

belt.thumb.jpg.3994f86d286d0ac4cf076134a17371f5.jpg

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Umm 12 pulleys? Motor pulley x2 pulley from motor x2, and 8 pulleys more on the long belts. You mean 6 belts? Check all the pulleys, make a small mark on them and launch a print, the one slipping should be easier to find.

Also there's something weird on the short belt of the bottom right corner, is like 'fat', just a bit weird maybe is just the video.

Edit: I mean this seems a bit weird

Thank you!! The pulleys attached next to the motors were positioned wrong (backwards). This solved my problem. Thx!!

• Like 1