PVA Material REALLY stuck

Abersubset9

Posted · PVA Material REALLY stuck

Hello,

I know there are several topics on stuck material but I have read them and tried the solutions to no avail. I have PVA material stuck and I mean REALLY stuck in my #2 print head. The extraction motor snapped the material trying to extract it and I can pull it and lift the whole Ultimaker 3 Extended off the desk without out it budging and this is with the head heated to max temp (yes the Bowden tube was removed so I wasnt pulling on that). Also tried pushing it through and no luck there either. Dont want to pull any harder for fear of bending something out of whack permanently. Did a print last night and was stuck this AM. Only the third item I have printed and was the first with any real size.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted · PVA Material REALLY stuck

First get it out of the head. Can you cut the PVA above the metal tube so you can slide the core out?

I would then try soaking just the tip for several days. Inserting a metal wire every few hours to remove a tiny amount of pva (I have free nozzle cleaner tools that would help with this). Actually I would take it all apart. Send me a personal email at thegr5store _at_ gmail.com and I'll send you instructions on taking the nozzle off without breaking the core (it is extremely easy to destroy the core - you need to be careful but the techniques are simple).