Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Abersubset9

PVA Material REALLY stuck

Hello,

I know there are several topics on stuck material but I have read them and tried the solutions to no avail. I have PVA material stuck and I mean REALLY stuck in my #2 print head. The extraction motor snapped the material trying to extract it and I can pull it and lift the whole Ultimaker 3 Extended off the desk without out it budging and this is with the head heated to max temp (yes the Bowden tube was removed so I wasnt pulling on that). Also tried pushing it through and no luck there either. Dont want to pull any harder for fear of bending something out of whack permanently. Did a print last night and was stuck this AM. Only the third item I have printed and was the first with any real size.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

First get it out of the head. Can you cut the PVA above the metal tube so you can slide the core out?

I would then try soaking just the tip for several days. Inserting a metal wire every few hours to remove a tiny amount of pva (I have free nozzle cleaner tools that would help with this). Actually I would take it all apart. Send me a personal email at thegr5store _at_ gmail.com and I'll send you instructions on taking the nozzle off without breaking the core (it is extremely easy to destroy the core - you need to be careful but the techniques are simple).