kenneth

Cura 'Layers' slices don't match 'Normal' view mode

Posted · Cura 'Layers' slices don't match 'Normal' view mode

I've created an STL model in sketchup, and loaded it into Cura. The "Normal" view in Cura looks correct. However, if I print the model, or look through the layers in the "Layers" view there are holes missing from the model - lots of them. In fact, the topmost layer (and all in between) is missing the axle hole through the center of the part.

What would cause cure's Normal view and Layers view to disagree so badly? What might I be doing wrong in Cura or with my STL model?

My experience is that Sketchup is notoriously bad in delivering good models. Cura is pretty robust, but can/will not fix everything. Maybe the X-ray view helps in finding where the model problems are. And in the past, I have used "Solid Inspector2" plugin in Sketchup to fix errors in my models. That worked pretty well.

Capture.PNG.1addab179a5011c648b6d490ae4f7451.PNG

Capture.PNG.1addab179a5011c648b6d490ae4f7451.PNG

Thank you, that worked great! In addition to the automatic fixing, I had to do some manual cleanup - but the tool told me where the issues were. Very helpful.