Extruder turns the wrong direction

koenie

Posted (edited) · Extruder turns the wrong direction

THE extruder of my ultimaker 2 turns THE wrong way!

Also with automatic feed And with normely printing.

even when i change material its go's the wrong way

Someone a idee whats happend?

Edited by Guest

Posted · Extruder turns the wrong direction

Ha @Koenie,

welcome to the forums. It looks like you have probably installed a firmware which was not meant for your Ultimaker model. Depending on what Ultimaker you have, your feeder can have a geared feeder (or not). A gear makes your feeder more powerful, but it also 'reverses' the motion. In the firmware this means that, if your feeder has a gear, we have to have the feeder run backwards, and the gear will convert this in a forward motion.

I would recommend to double check what firmware you need, which fits your Ultimaker, and install that on your machine.

Good luck!

i have a ultimaker 2 with the small black feeder, this means that it is not geared.

i also have version 14.12.1.

i update the firmware to marlin ultimaker 2.hex. and it still moves the wrong way.

someone a other solution?

i have a ultimaker 2 with the small black feeder, this means that it is not geared.

i also have version 14.12.1.

i update the firmware to marlin ultimaker 2.hex. and it still moves the wrong way.

someone a other solution?

Ha @Koenie,

welcome to the forums. It looks like you have probably installed a firmware which was not meant for your Ultimaker model. Depending on what Ultimaker you have, your feeder can have a geared feeder (or not). A gear makes your feeder more powerful, but it also 'reverses' the motion. In the firmware this means that, if your feeder has a gear, we have to have the feeder run backwards, and the gear will convert this in a forward motion.

I would recommend to double check what firmware you need, which fits your Ultimaker, and install that on your machine.

Good luck!

I find out what the problem was........  

after install a new firmware its still going the wrong way,

suddendly i have a clear moment... the feeder can also attached the other way.

so i turn it 180 degrees (mirroring) and its doing great

i've attached the feeder just the wrong way!!!

very stupid of me..

Thank you for thinking with me

[

• Like 1

I have a motor drive reversal issue as well. It was  working correctly, I did several prints, and then I decided to run firmware update through Cura 3.6  now the motor runs in reverse.  the firmware still shows the same number v3.3 -- this is a 2+ extended.

Where can I grab the firmware files to do a manual firmware update? I have already performed a factory reset, but the motor is still running backwards.

Thanks for any tips

sorted it out -- I had an ultimaker 2 profile I automatically update the firmware through.  Doesn't appear the ultimaker informs what model it is when it does the firmware update automatically through Cura, but selects firmware based on the profile selected in Cura.