cubic

Cura 2.3.1 does not start on Linux Mint 18.1

Posted · Cura 2.3.1 does not start on Linux Mint 18.1

Hi All,

Today I made a fresh install of Linux Mint 18.1 on a PC. Next I added some software like FreeCAD and Cura. Clicking Cura seems to do nothing. When I start Cura by typing cura in a terminal window, I get "/usr/bin/cura: regel 3: python3.4: opdracht niet gevonden". Good Dutch for "command not found".

This is obvious because python3.5 is installed. When I modify the /usr/bin/cura script to python3.5 I get a traceback ending in:

from . import multiarrayImportError: cannot import name 'multiarray'

Anyone a good idea?

To me it looks like Cura should be using "its own"python3.4 but is finding the system installed pyton3.5 but I have no idea how to set this right.

Thanks, Cubic

I have exactly the same issue here. It did work on Mint17.1 but stopped working on Mint18.1

I have the same problem. Cura worked fine on Mint 17.3. Today I updated to Mint Cinnamon 18.1, and it won't start.

Download the appimage of Cura.

Because of compatibility issues we had to use python 3.4, but for some reason some linux distro's decided to remove 3.4 and give no easy option to run both 3.4 and 3.5 side by side.