Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Karel1986

Forum section per UM type

As a starter on the Ultimaker forum, I find myself searching through topics finding out the topic is about a um2go for example. Because I'm working with an UM3 many settings are not applicable for me.

Could be nice to make sections per printer type.

Hi @Karel1986

Welcome to the forums! :)

We do have a dedicated category for the Ultimaker 3, right here.

Having separated categories for each model would mean the category 'hardware' would have to be there for the Ultimaker Original, Ultimaker Original+, Ultimaker 2, Ultimaker 2 Extended, Ultimaker 2Go, Ultimaker 2+, Ultimaker 2 Extended+ and the Ultimaker 3 & Extended. Quite a lot ;)

I have thought about labeling, but I don't think it would work if topics are labeled, as sometimes they are relevant for all models, and sometimes they are not.. I don't think anyone would be interested in labeling every reply they make, nor that this would help making things easier to find..

Could you add your model to your search keywords, does that help? We use google search on the forums and it is pretty sophisticated.

If you have any other ideas on how to make things easier to find, please let me know!

• Like 1