ULTIMAKER 2 extendend to ULTIMAKER 3

MANZONI

Posted · ULTIMAKER 2 extendend to ULTIMAKER 3

Hello everyone,

I'm concerning about the possibility to upload the "ultimaker 2" with two material supplier as the "ultimaker 3" did.

Is it possible order the components, software,exc, to upgrade the "ultimaker 2 extend" toward the "ultimaker 3"?

I need to combine two material together. I see in my 3D printer the hole to plug-in the tube for second material.

"preconfigured Cura profiles for Ultimaker PVA have been exclusively developed for the Ultimaker 3 and Ultimaker 3 Extended". IS THAT TRUE? THERE IS NO WAY TO SET THE ULTIMAKER 2 FOR USING PVA?

Thank yout so much,

Best

Patrick

It not worth upgrading he UM2 or UM2 extended to UM3. The cost would not be much different then buying a UM3 as the change is bigger then you may think.

But have a look at this tool change approach as it's the best option for dual printing with a UM2

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/10657-a-different-multi-extrusion-approach-um-tool-printhead-changer

• Like 1

Besides that, a practical answer would also be that there is no upgrade pack available to upgrade your Ultimaker 2 into an Ultimaker 3.

Like @Lance said, the required changes are too big. A community approach like the magnetic tool change could be interesting, however those files are not (yet?) available but it may be an inspiration to what is possible to do. Basically everything down that path, if you want to do it yourself, requires quite some technical knowledge.