Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
R32ool

upgraded parts to print n polycarbonate

HI there

i wonder if i could ask when the upgrade kit will be available for the UM3 to be able to print in polycarbonate please ?

i did find the page & topic here somewhere but there was no release date for the UM3 & i see the kit for the UM2 & UM2+ has already been released.

any help would be much appreciated

kindest regards Mr A Bool

Hi, Mr. Bool,

Polycarbonate isn't currently one of the supported materials for the UM3 (no profile created for it in Cura at present), but people have been printing with it if you want to give it a try with the settings as they are now.

Valcrow posted here about some of the settings he's using to print in polycarbonate on the UM3.

And gr5 wrote here about how he gets around loading polycarbonate in the UM3 without a profile for it on the printer.

Hi fbrc8-Erin

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to all this malarkey & 3d printing ..hence why my message sounded so formal lol. I actually thought I'd messaged ultimaker :-/

But never mind at least I learnt that 'contact us" actually meant write a new post & not ultimaker.

I did however get to contact them by email & they informed me that it wasn't yet supported but I was free to try if I wanted.

& thanks for guiding me to some helpful info on the subject still trying to find my way around here as yet so any help & advice is good