Set up Z axis

infini3d

Posted · Set up Z axis

Dear all again,

The nozzle of my machin do not touch the bed.

The gap is too important, it is not just a paper sheet as advised.

I would like to know how to set it up.

If you could help me on this matter it would be great.

many thanks

Fred

Posted · Set up Z axis

I'm not sure if you are talking about before printing or during printing.

If before printing: You can adjust the home height by sliding the homing switch up and down. On the back of the UM there is a "Z limit switch". It can slide up and down. With power off, Loosen the screws so the switch slides up and down in the slot. Rotate the z platform until it touches the nozzle. Slide the switch down until it clicks (or a little more down). Tighten the screws. If you can't get the limit switch to click then you built something wrong. Did you include the plastic printing bed? Please send a picture of your bed and another picture of the print head.

If during printing: When you tell Cura the first layer is .3mm, it sets the z axis to .3mm to allow room for the PLA to come out. This is normal. If you tell cura the first layer is .1mm, then the z axis is set to .1mm. If you have an ulticontroller you can see this on the ulticontroller screen during printing.

Posted · Set up Z axis

I never touch the z-limit switch. Due to wood changing with the climate, the table needs to be tuned every now and then. I use the 4 screws on the bed for that.

Just manually turn the z-screw until you hear the click of the switch. Then move your head to all 4 corners, and turn the adjustment screw so that the head just touches the papersheet.