PETG Settings

sbrisson

Posted · PETG Settings

Can someone help me with PETG setting in cura? The MAJOR problem...OOZING that cause opening in the print when it drop from the nozzle in the print.

5a3326f9e2e97_IMG_24161.thumb.JPG.03349e0f50039f60600d28f6cdf1992b.JPG

One factor of accumulation on the nozzle is when it print the infill... the junction of the infill with the wall are peel-off...

5a3326fa8c377_IMG_24182.thumb.JPG.7315c6742ca312b6d138bc201267330b.JPG

I slow down the infill speed because it underextrude...but nothing change...

I try underextruding (material flow%) at 99% and it's a complete fail..

5a3326fa2b75b_IMG_24141.thumb.JPG.2afe4398cef036ee192c015d72be3506.JPG

There is my cura settings...

5a3326fa59562_curasettings.thumb.png.b4e1e00a6c61ba93db3c191ccc0ca73f.png

thanks to help me

5a3326f9e2e97_IMG_24161.thumb.JPG.03349e0f50039f60600d28f6cdf1992b.JPG

5a3326fa8c377_IMG_24182.thumb.JPG.7315c6742ca312b6d138bc201267330b.JPG

5a3326fa2b75b_IMG_24141.thumb.JPG.2afe4398cef036ee192c015d72be3506.JPG

5a3326fa59562_curasettings.thumb.png.b4e1e00a6c61ba93db3c191ccc0ca73f.png

Posted (edited) · PETG Settings

Just one observation, you shouldn't block the hotend fan (small fan behind you have block the airflow, the part in front of the tfm coupler with your fancap should be open), you are blocking the heatsink effect with your fancap, than can cut drastically the life span of the coupler.

Also, by allowing to have more heat onthat zone, filament can expand and make much more difficult for the feeder to keep up. That would explain why the underextrusion effect shows more on areas where your print needs retraction.

Edited by Guest

Posted · PETG Settings

The silver part is the airflow deflector...

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/airflow-deflector

You suggest to remove it?

Just one observation, you shouldn't block the hotend fan (small fan behind you have block the airflow, the part in front of the tfm coupler with your fancap should be open), you are blocking the heatsink effect with your fancap, than can cut drastically the life span of the coupler.

Also, by allowing to have more heat onthat zone, filament can expand and make much more difficult for the feeder to keep up. That would explain why the underextrusion effect shows more on areas where your print needs retraction.

Posted (edited) · PETG Settings

The silver part is the airflow deflector...

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/airflow-deflector

You suggest to remove it?

fancap.png.54b682a3588dce37ac2c711bf4aebc61.png

I don't know that fancap, or what's the advantage of having the right side blocked, but afaik, all that orange square should be left alone and open. I could be 100% wrong ofc. Radials fans can't actually compress much the air, and they 'slow down' when the output area is too small.

Edited by Guest