Error message ' Too many new materials....'

ABC3DPrint

Posted · Error message ' Too many new materials....'

Hello,

I am a starter, I've got my UM3+ for a few weeks now. the first prints came out well.

But the last week I can't get one perfect print out of my printer.

I have read manuals, tips & tricks, adjusted settings and so on.

Every time I seem to have fixed one thing, something else goes wrong.

I also get an error message while loading my filament. This message is not in the manual, and I cannot find anything on the internet. Maybe start from here.

The error message says 'Detected too many new materials, ensure only one new material is present.' And then the printer will get into some kind of loop. The printer then asks to select the new material, but when I spin the button to select out of a list, I will get the error message again. It is hard to get out of that loop.

Does anybody else have this message? Why does it show and how to fix it?

Thanks, Carla

20170207_092201.thumb.jpg.3c06b97374f36a5101bba545c9f13da4.jpg

20170207_092201.thumb.jpg.3c06b97374f36a5101bba545c9f13da4.jpg

Are you using the half spool of PVA? I think it might be caused by having the 2 materials too close to each other, try moving them physically as far away on the spool holder as possible then try to hit continue again.

Posted (edited) · Error message ' Too many new materials....'

This error has to do with the NFC feature.

I suppose you get this error during loading a material. When the printer expects you to load a material, it starts detecting NFC tags. When it sees more than 1 new material, it asks you to offer only 1 new material.

This is because the reader cannot distinguish materials loaded into feeder 1 and feeder 2.

So what may have happened, is that the other material is not registered (anymore?) in the administration of the printer. So be sure to remove that other material from the spoolholder (place it >15cm away). Finish the procedure that you were in. And afterwards, you may want to unload/load the other material so it gets properly registered.

@valcrow: the distance between the 2 spools is irrelevant to the reader.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Tom Nagel and Valcrow,

The solution was easy.

The error message appears during loading material.

I do not always take the material from the spool holder, thinking this should not matter to the printer. But it does, because the printer is reading the NFC tags.

So now I know that I have to physically take the spool off the holder. Even though I will reload it with the same material.

Thanks.