Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

3D Printer Resets intermittently, based on the Ultimaker 2

KASHMIR

Posted · 3D Printer Resets intermittently, based on the Ultimaker 2

Hi,

I have built my second 3d printer based on the Ultimaker 2.

I have edited the Marlin firmware for the Ultimaker2 to correspond to my

printer ( x,y,z travel limits, directions of stepper motors, and homing to limit switches,etc.

I have tested with pronterface and everything works well mechanically.

I did all the connections to the ultimaker 2 controller board, when i swtched power on

and tried to do a test print, it reset on it's own,and tried again , but same thing happened

it reset again.

I thought that maybe it was the power supply which is the same one that ultimaker 2 uses

so i switched it with my other printer ( which works well ), but still did the reset issue.

i have changed the controller board thinking that maybe it was defective, did all the connections

again, but it still resets.

I am able to heat the nozzle, able to heat the bed, extrude and change material, fans all work with gcode commands ,i was even able to print after a few resets, but it is annoying, and i am trying to pinpoint where the problem might be

Is there a problem perhaps with the cartridge heater or temp sensors ?

If so, then why am i able to heat the nozzle or heat bed ? If indeed those were defective

Can anyone please help me or have any suggestions, i don't know what it might be.

Posted · 3D Printer Resets intermittently, based on the Ultimaker 2

Since is a clone, and probably all non official parts, is hard to tell what's wrong. But I seen that behavior with a bad heater. What happened to me was that the heater had a short circuit near the heater and sometimes the printer did shutdown and reset suddenly. Try to check all the cable connections and triple check that the heater is actually fine.

Archived