13.03 - Unable to load previously sliced G-code; Unable to cycle through G-code layers with arrow keys; Canceling print cools print head

ceramichammer

Posted · 13.03 - Unable to load previously sliced G-code; Unable to cycle through G-code layers with arrow keys; Canceling print cools print head

Daid, you're the man. I was using 13.01 beta for a while so I'm stoked for 13.03.

Here are some things that are acting funny:

I sliced a large file. Before printing the large file, I downloaded, sliced, and printed some belt tensioners. I closed the print window. In the Cura main window, I clicked "Show result" of the slicing results for the large file not yet printed. It displays the "Layers" view as expected but the print button is greyed out. I then loaded the STL file again. In previous versions of Cura, you could click "print" and it would look to see if there was an existing .gcode file for the model file. This was unavailable. My last attempt was clicking "File....Load profile from G-code" which still left the print button greyed out.

In previous versions of cura, you could cycle through each layer in "Layer" view with the up and down buttons, the up and down keyboard keys, or jump to a particular layer by typing it. In 13.03, I don't see a field to type in a number (which isn't that big of a deal) but I can't seem to cycle through with the keyboard keys which is a real bummer. This was a very useful feature for a G-code sanity check.

This last one may not be a bug but it sure is a pain and I don't see a setting to change it back. In previous Cura versions, canceling a print in the print window but leaving the print window open would keep the head at temperature. This was great because there always seems to be a couple false starts getting the bed level, PLA to stick, etc. Now when you click cancel, it powers down the hotend, requiring it to ramp back up to temperature before a re-print can be attempted.

Thanks again. You do awesome stuff.

Posted · 13.03 - Unable to load previously sliced G-code; Unable to cycle through G-code layers with arrow keys; Canceling print cools print head

Odd, the print button should be "enabled" when it has found a GCode file next to the STL file.

What size GCode are we talking about?

Yeah if I cancel a print the head turns off as well. Also if I cancel a print, make changes, then re-slice and hit print again, I have to go searching for the print window. It is hidden back behind the settings window. I would think once I hit the print button again it should bring it to the top of the stack. Am I incorrect in my thinking here?

I also miss the up and down buttons layer cycling and direct input field in the new version. :(

Noted. I also noted that keyboard control is missing for layer scrolling now, which would be a nice addition.

The print window remains a bit of an odd one, as it's actually run as a separate application, which makes bringing it on top a bit hard sometimes. The "cancel=cooldown" is done against plugs, as people where canceling and then leaving their head sitting hot, which, depending on your temperature and how well you have the teflon-tube connection, can cause a plug.

I guess I am not one that expects people to protect me from myself. If I leave my hotend hot and it plugs I guess I would learn not to do that if I had to clean it out a couple of times. :)

Noted. I also noted that keyboard control is missing for layer scrolling now, which would be a nice addition.

The print window remains a bit of an odd one, as it's actually run as a separate application, which makes bringing it on top a bit hard sometimes. The "cancel=cooldown" is done against plugs, as people where canceling and then leaving their head sitting hot, which, depending on your temperature and how well you have the teflon-tube connection, can cause a plug.

hi Daid

i downloaded the linux tar.gz package and it's just a tar of the source tree?

the previous versions had a cura.sh file to run..

-joe

The linux has a Cura.py script instead of the cura.sh script