Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Thoreck

BB core nozzle touching bed

Hi everyone,

I am totally new to Ultimaker printers and just bought and installed an Ultimaker 3. I installed the BB core in the second slot and noticed that the BB core nozzle is sticking out a little bit more than the AA core nozzle. The cores are identified correctly and they seem installed correctly as well if I compare it to internet images.

If I start a XY calibration though, I see the BB core nozzle touching the bed and the AA core nozzle starts printing with an offset from the bed of about a millimeter. Shouldn't the BB core be retracted so that the AA core nozzle is lower than the BB core nozzle?

Help is much appreciated!

Edited by Guest

Something is wrong. There is a little white plastic lever on the right side of the print head. Push that forwards and backwards. That is supposed to lift the BB core up and down. If that is working then there should be a block like piece of plastic over on the right side towards the back of the printer. That is supposed to push that lever. It may be missing the lever or it may be missing from your printer (may have fallen off - I think maybe it's glued??).

There is a calibration for that to line up the lever with the slot. It's somewhere in the calibration menus. Something like "calibrate core switcher" or "calibrate switcher block" or something like that.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2