Why does Cura show layers that are not there?

sardi

Posted (edited) · Why does Cura show layers that are not there?

Im using Cura 15.04.3 and when I switch to Layer mode, It always shows this extra layers on top, on every model I insert.

It does not print that, since there is nothing there but it is a bit annoying.

Also on the second picture you see how it shows the last layers of the model, wider than the rest of it. Also does not print that, also is very annoying not to be able to see the model as is.

Any idea whats causing this?

EDIT: These extra layers happen after a while - I open layer view, for 5-6 seconds everything is as it should be, then these extra layers simply appear and they dont go away.

Cura.jpg

Cura2.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Why does Cura show layers that are not there?

I believe those lines are a rendering of the actual printed nominal width, and all the other layers are rendered "without width" and just show the path to save rendering time.

Anyhow, 15.04 is a pretty old version nowadays, the Cura 2.4 layer view does show all lines at their nominal width.

• Like 1

Posted · Why does Cura show layers that are not there?

I agree with you that is old, but Ive gotten so much used to it that I just use it by default.

But I will be upgrading it eventually of course :)

Thanks for your answer!