Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
vincentbaas

Cura 2.3/2.4 stuck on zooming

I ran into a strange issue when using Cura: the application seems to be 'stuck' on zoom mode. After loading a model (any model) and panning/zooming around a bit, when I move my mouse up and down the viewport keeps zooming in and out by itself (without me pushing any keyboard keys and only moving my mouse). I can no longer select my model or stop zooming. I noticed the issue (video included below) on Cura 2.3, but upgrading to 2.4 didn't resolve the issue. I'm running OX X 10.11.6 on a mid-2010 15" MacBook Pro. Is this a bug in Cura or are there any other suggestions for fixing it?

Hi Vincent,

The shortkey for zooming in Cura 2.3 and 2.4 is: 'SPACEBAR' + Move mouse up-down.

Does pressing the spacebar remedy the issue?

Is there a specific moment this appears?

Only after a lot of zooming, panning and rotating?

Does it work when restarting Cura, or are you still completely stuck?

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Vincentbaas,

Sorry for the delay on my end. Just to get a fresh start, I advice to reset Cura. Instructions on that can be found here.

I have forwarded the issue here at Ultimaker, but it seems unique and we cannot reproduce this in any way.

Hopefully the reset helps!

Jeroen

Well, it took me even longer to reply, so no worries :p

I trued resetting Cura, but that didn't help. But I might have found something that may (or may not ) have resolved the issue: In the initial situation I had my keyboard connected via the USB-hub of my external display (Dell Ultrasharp U2515H). I changed this to plugging my keyboard directly into my laptop. Anyway: the issue is gone now, so thanks for the support!