Cura 2.4 install danger (win 7) hopelessly messed up - need "clean install" help

peetersm

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.4 install danger (win 7) hopelessly messed up - need "clean install" help

Posting this in a separate thread in for 3 reasons. 1st an attempt to get some trouble shooting help, 2nd hopefully help other users who are having the same issues, 3rd hopefully warn users about how easy it is to totally screw up their machine. The beginning of my woe and many other issues are buried here. and specifics are here.

Saddly my win7 computer got really goofed up by WELL KNOWN TO ULTIMAKER YET UNDOCUMENTED BUG where cura 2.x corrupts all previous 2.x versions on your computer.

In a nutshell -  I am not able to get either 2.3 or 2.4 to work anymore on my win7 machine and would like to know if there is process I might use to get working copy of either one working. The only "clean install" process I can piece together from the forums are:

1. uninstall all previous versions of cura 2.x using the uninstall.exe file in the C:\Program Files\Cura 2.x folder

2. delete (or rename/remove) this folder *username* \AppData\Local\cura

3. Install the new version.

---but---

Having done this several times. I still have the following issues:

A. After adding printers to the new install they magically pull back old printing profiles.(where were these saved?)

B. Cura loses printer settings after being closed, and each time you reopen cura you have at add printers because it has none. The cura log files reports many errors referring to this root path  

D:\2.3\build\inst\lib\python3.4\site-packages\UM

(this path is strange since the only device I have on

D:\ is my optical drive)

SO does anyone know where else you need to delete files before installing cura? and what the "clean install" process should look like, at this point any Cura 2.x is unusable.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.4 install danger (win 7) hopelessly messed up - need "clean install" help

UPDATE-

I repeated the "clean install" process one more time.

--------clean install as I currently understand it---------------------

1. uninstall all previous versions of cura 2.x using the uninstall.exe file in the C:\Program Files\Cura 2.x folder

2. delete (or rename/remove) this folder *username* \AppData\Local\cura

3. Install the new version.

------------------

AND I'm on my second day of cura remembering the printers, even after reboots. Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm and what ever was wrong with the installation is now fixed

• 5 months later...
    Posted · Cura 2.4 install danger (win 7) hopelessly messed up - need "clean install" help

Same issue here with 2.6.2 I can't get it completely removed and I can't even install ANY version successfully. Seems that Ultimaker isn't interested in helping either set up a work ticket but no reply