Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
geniusdesignlab

Best PVA setting

I have an UM3, the problem is when using the PVA, when I print PLA or ABS they are all good. but once I print with both PLA + PVA, the problems come. I have to run few time to have it printed right. most of the time on the first few layers the PVA is not stick together. I have try to increase the temp about 10 degree higher and flow increase to 115%, some time it works and some time it doesn't.

My question is, what is the best setting when print PLA + PVA

Thanks,

Edited by Guest

The best settings are made default in Cura. Use Cura 2.4 for the best result.

If you don't have good results with these settings (for Ultimaker PVA), you must not look for settings to solve your problems, but you must look to the hardware.

When PVA is concerned, chances are your print core is (partly) clogged. This causes underextrusion, and that may cause something that looks like layers not sticking together.

Use the instructions on the UM website to clean your BB core.