Best PVA setting

Posted (edited) · Best PVA setting

I have an UM3, the problem is when using the PVA, when I print PLA or ABS they are all good. but once I print with both PLA + PVA, the problems come. I have to run few time to have it printed right. most of the time on the first few layers the PVA is not stick together. I have try to increase the temp about 10 degree higher and flow increase to 115%, some time it works and some time it doesn't.

My question is, what is the best setting when print PLA + PVA

Thanks,

Edited by Guest

Posted · Best PVA setting

The best settings are made default in Cura. Use Cura 2.4 for the best result.

If you don't have good results with these settings (for Ultimaker PVA), you must not look for settings to solve your problems, but you must look to the hardware.

When PVA is concerned, chances are your print core is (partly) clogged. This causes underextrusion, and that may cause something that looks like layers not sticking together.

Use the instructions on the UM website to clean your BB core.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies