Axle Belt Box is Cracked... Is this an issue?

Rossboss

Posted (edited) · Axle Belt Box is Cracked... Is this an issue?

So I just noticed that both of these Axle Belt Boxes (I'm not sure what the proper name for them is) in the picture are cracked. Is this a potential issue now or in the future and if so how to I fix/replace them?

Thanks!

5a332894c05cf_FullSizeRender(2).thumb.jpg.a92d6ee86b4d65f9def73bab75de74a5.jpg

5a332894c05cf_FullSizeRender(2).thumb.jpg.a92d6ee86b4d65f9def73bab75de74a5.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Axle Belt Box is Cracked... Is this an issue?

Fixeable yes. But call your reseller. Fixing it yourself would require quite a few hours and isn't easy at all for a new user.

There is an Ultimaker 3 support group on facebook and a few people had similar issues. It looks like Ultimaker switched from the white blocks to black blocks and I haven't seen anyone have any issues with the black blocks. Here is the link to the FB thread on here. https://ultimaker.com/en/community/39047-ultimaker-3-facebook-group

There is an Ultimaker 3 support group on facebook and a few people had similar issues.  It looks like Ultimaker switched from the white blocks to black blocks and I haven't seen anyone have any issues with the black blocks.  Here is the link to the FB thread on here. https://ultimaker.com/en/community/39047-ultimaker-3-facebook-group

And the cracks actually dont show up and arent just concealed by the black color? haha

There is an Ultimaker 3 support group on facebook and a few people had similar issues.  It looks like Ultimaker switched from the white blocks to black blocks and I haven't seen anyone have any issues with the black blocks.  Here is the link to the FB thread on here. https://ultimaker.com/en/community/39047-ultimaker-3-facebook-group

And the cracks actually dont show up and arent just concealed by the black color? haha

Afaik the problem is that a % of the white slideblocks do crack because the white color has a different flexibility (or something like that) than the black color. So, White do crack... Ergo, call reseller, get it fixed :D

• Like 1