Recommendation for translucent PETG

Posted · Recommendation for translucent PETG

I am really loving my PETG materials. But I am a bit lost on whether it is mostly translucent or if there are solid colors. I am really liking the translucents. But it seems that most of what look for has a very limited translucent selection. But I have also read that PETG is mostly translucent anyway.

So, brand and more information as this can be expensive hopping around just to see what is what.

PS. T-Glase is printing like a dream on my UM3+. Due to nozzle size I do not get the 'clear look...yet....but it is strong and silky/satiny looking and light passes through.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kman!

I've been looking for translucent PETG as well. The only thing that I've found to have similar properties is PCTG. It's very similar to PETG but when you print at high heat it becomes very transparent. There's a good blog explaining the similarities here.

Hope this helps!

• 3 months later...

Perhaps you're just looking for the wrong type of filament. Usually there's a difference between translucent and transparent (at least in my language). First one being pretty foggy and the latter should really be clear.

I've had good experience with transparent PETG from manufacturers like Extrudr, dasfilament and Primaselect. I've also tried HDglass from formfutura which I wasn't able to print without producing massive blobs and strings. However these companies are EU-based so this information might be useless if you're living in the US.

Since I first posted, I have been experimenting with a few brands as well as filament types. Some PETG, T-Glase (A PETG), PLA, etc.

And, yep, the descriptions I have seen all make a big thing about the difference between translucent and transparent.

But all the new names are excellent. Thanks!

I am also expecting my 0.8 cores today and that is supposed to help a lot. We shall see LOL o_0

• Like 1