Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
fjwolz19

Help Strengthening Posts

I am trying to print a mounting bracket I designed for something, so it has some posts sticking out of it that slide into slots on the device. When I print it, underneath the posts the bracket is hollow which makes them too weak to hold the device and they break off. The inside of the posts are also hollow, which I have found I can adjust with the shell thickness, but even with a pretty high shell thickness, underneath the posts are still hollow. What do I need to adjust to correct this?

Thanks for any help!

5a33366f0ddb8_BottomLayer-Hollow.JPG.c0785c03ae19065be2a650a9c67083ef.JPGFinal.thumb.JPG.040018d46be36becad3502b1adf7dbb0.JPG

5a33366f0ddb8_BottomLayer-Hollow.JPG.c0785c03ae19065be2a650a9c67083ef.JPG

Final.thumb.JPG.040018d46be36becad3502b1adf7dbb0.JPG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 14 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 17 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!