Where to find new temperature sensor ?

guich2507

Posted · Where to find new temperature sensor ?

Hello everybody,

I have had a little problem with my temperature sensor and i need to replace it.

Is anybody know where i can find a new one to buy ?

Or which model i need to search for ?

Thank you

It's a customized part, and it shames me a bit to tell you that you can only buy it from Ultimaker, who buys it in large bulk. Send an email to support, they can help you out.

That looks like a proper alternative. I do not know the build quality, but it says 3mm, which is the same size as our thermocouple. Could be a big money save on shipping to get those.

EDIT: He seems to have some more "Ultimaker knockoff" products. Small note of warning for his teflon coupler, I know the dimensions of this one are very critical, a difference of 0.1mm can cause plugs instead of resolving plugs.

That looks like a proper alternative. I do not know the build quality, but it says 3mm, which is the same size as our thermocouple. Could be a big money save on shipping to get those.

EDIT: He seems to have some more "Ultimaker knockoff" products. Small note of warning for his teflon coupler, I know the dimensions of this one are very critical, a difference of 0.1mm can cause plugs instead of resolving plugs.

Hey Daid,

Would you happen to know how close this guy is the the UM one? It would be nice for those of us Stateside to have something with fewer shipping issues for a single part...

http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=thermocouple&product_id=795#.UV2rAKJg_1E

Just a word of caution: the dfrobot TC claims to be a K-type TC, but is quoting the wrong color combo for the wires: blue-red, and not the industry standard red-yellow, plus the max temp is questionable (800C?). plus, I have not seen any TC wire that is striped, they are always solid colors, afaik. red-blue is usually a T-Type TC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermocouple

Hey Daid,

Would you happen to know how close this guy is the the UM one? It would be nice for those of us Stateside to have something with fewer shipping issues for a single part...

http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=thermocouple&product_id=795#.UV2rAKJg_1E

On the other hand, it really looks like they picked up a nice collection of UM parts that are useful for users outside the NL, which makes the need for a UM sanctioned distributor in the US less necessary.

Yeah, I mean, I'm not trying to suggest they are even up to UM spec, I just saw them in my travels and was curious... Maybe next time my tinkering breaks something I'll order one of their UM sets and post results... If anyone else has bought the DF stuff, their input would be greatly appreciated!