Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
nitrotech

UM2 Extended Random X-Y movements

Hello, I'm hoping someone might help me with a clone I built?? Please?

The issue I'm having is randomly during a print the printhead will travel out to either the X or Y limit, then go back and return printing as if nothing happened.

You can see in the attached photo the few times it did this. I also experienced a Y-axis shift but I'm confident I can track that down.

I just finished building it. It has the 2.1.4 mainboard from Aliexpress. I'm running TinkerGnome 16.01. Not sure exactly what else I can add to help. Thanks in advance!

287ji4k.jpg

Edited by Guest

I can't help without seeing all the parts. Clones are nice, but there are so many key parts that they don't make correctly that everything can cause that. From bowden, to hotend, coupler, nozzle, heater, sensor, fans, metal touching hotend. The origin can be anything and all.

Getting a clone is ok, but you must know actually quite a good deal of how and why stuff works to make it print as a fully assembled machine. I suggest you read the 3d printing troubleshooting guide (google) and check absolutely everything. Even so, some parts might be just bad or with bad precision an add friction, feeder slipping, etcetc. So, if you make a photo gallery of absolutely everything and caliper it and then make videos of how it prints, maybe someone can start to point out what parts are bad, good or horrible.