Is this material ok to use on the ultimaker 3

Posted · Is this material ok to use on the ultimaker 3

I had never heard of this stuff, so I did some digging.

For me, this would be bad since, well, honestly, I cannot stand printing with ABS LOL But, that is me.....

Polypropylene has a considerable amount of warp, more than ABS.

Extrusion temp is within range:

Extrusion temperature for polypropylene filament is 230-260°C

Buildplate:

The build plate should be heated between 60°C to 110°C with an optimal temperature of 60°C.

PPSU (Polyphenylsulfone) Filament is way out of range of the printer by these specs I could find:

Printer nozzle temperature: 360 - 400°C

Heated bed temperature: 140°C +

Both of those variables are out of range with stock UM3. I would not know if you could mod the printer for that.

But, neither seems to have any corrosive capabilities like a carbon fiber or metal filled filament would.