Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
ian

Moving back to Original Genius

It sounds very strange but now with the latest cura and a years experience behind me and two ultimakers under my arm, I seem to be taking UPGRADES back off my ultimakers.

What I mean is.... at the start when i had problems with too much pressure and the PEEK exploding out of the hot end or under extrusion... bla bla bla i always went to upgrades and printed them one by one and kinda solved problems... some times not.

but now that my printers are just good old stable 3d printers that spit out one model after the next, i have started to peel back nearlly all my upgraded.

the only upgrade I need now to print accuarte clean models with ultimaker is belt tigteners... but other than that... no more pressure explosions, no more jamming or badly chewed up PLA in my extruder gear... thanks to extruder versions 2 :-)

So im basically printed with PURE ULTIMAKERS once again... kinda reflects the absolute genius in these guys minds, when they designed it in the first place... they must be laughing all the time... what upgrade ?? cool but.... ok...... ;-)

Ian :-)

i have to admit i have never printed ABS. but for PLA, when you have the original design really tight and clean and a bit of a good idea about temp and print speed.. then the original design is brilliant.

Ian

i have to admit i have never printed ABS. but for PLA, when you have the original design really tight and clean and a bit of a good idea about temp and print speed.. then the original design is brilliant.

Ian

For ABS it's a total must. I've upgraded it with a direct drive system, active cooled stepper motors, heat-bed, heat-chamber and much more.