Jump to content
Raxius

Cura not slicing properly

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · Cura not slicing properly

I'm using the latest version of Cura and I'm having problems with my models not being sliced properly.

This is what this section of the model should look like;

Capture2.PNG.45665904629ca017bf177174e3195acf.PNG

Instead when I go into layers and when I try to print it I get this;

Capture.thumb.PNG.b9391e46a38704c5e006c9609207f970.PNG

Here's a picture of a similar model where you can really see the problem.

Capture3.thumb.PNG.9a11090d3f8a62781f582cfd96691690.PNG

From the picture you can see there are three sections of layers that are being printed with huge areas missing layers that are being filled in with support. I can confirm that this is exactly how this section prints as well. This file started out as a .obj that I downloaded and converted into an stl using Blender and Autodesk Inventor and they both give be the same results. I have also tried several other model files of this object like .dae and .svg and they all turn out like this. I have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it. Does anyone know?

Capture2.PNG.45665904629ca017bf177174e3195acf.PNG

Capture.thumb.PNG.b9391e46a38704c5e006c9609207f970.PNG

Capture3.thumb.PNG.9a11090d3f8a62781f582cfd96691690.PNG

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura not slicing properly

Cura reads .obj files as well. Did you try the original .obj file?

It could be a invalid manifold, or the walls may be too thin to print.

Can you provide a link to the download for others to look at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura not slicing properly

Cura reads .obj files as well. Did you try the original .obj file?

It could be a invalid manifold, or the walls may be too thin to print.

Can you provide a link to the download for others to look at?

I just tried the .obj and that looks like it's fixed the problem, thanks!

I did find another solution; this model was a super smash brothers trophy and segments of the mesh have openings at intersections where the meshes overlapped like just an open top and bottom cylinder. I used blender to put faces covering those openings and that also stopped this from happening but is a bit more tedious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Our picks

    • Ultimaker Cura 4.0 | Stable available!
      UltimakerĀ Cura 4.0 is mainly focused on the improved user interface and cloud integration.
      As always, we want to collect your user feedback for this release. If there are any improvements you can think of, feel free to mention it here and help us to shape the next release.
      • 96 replies
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!