Replacement cooling fan

Posted · Replacement cooling fan

I need a replacement cooling fan for an ultimaker 2 and have had great difficulty sourcing one. I gather from other forum posts this is not a new problem! It's a 12V DC 0.1A fan (30mm x30mm x10mm) right?

I bought one from RS components which I thought was suitable spec from looking at forum posts- http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/axial-fans/5415413/

However when it arrived I saw it was 0.13A (rather than 0.1A as I had thought) and when I connected it the fan quivers a bit but does not run. The other original fan which is in tact seems to run at double the speed as if to compensate for the new fan.

Can anyone here offer any advice on where I could either find the right replacement fan that can be bought in UK or would it work if I bought another 0.13A fan from RS components so both fans were the same? Many thanks!

Posted · Replacement cooling fan

I would just order a replacement fan from the closest Ultimaker reseller, if you do this it also has the correct connector.

The ultimaker partnumber is 1313.

When you do source elsewhere you also must make sure the fan supports PWM.

Model Cooling Fan 12VDC 0.1 A

30x30x10

connector JST XHP-2

• Like 2