Cura feature request: A new buildplate adhesion type

jonatanrullman

Posted · Cura feature request: A new buildplate adhesion type

Not sure if this has been up before and been shot down. Couldn't find anything at a glance.

I find myself more and more wishing that I could use the entire buildplate for prints and thus wanting to disable the skirt as a priming method.

However, when I do there is inevitable a bit of trouble with the first perimeter that doesn't stick all that well and in general just making mess of things. As often as not the print must be cancelled.

So I was thinking about solutions and it struck me that it would probably be quite easy and effective to include the option to have a partial skirt instead of a full. Say laying a 5cm long skirt at the front of the bed or something. That way the nozzle would get the good priming of a skirt without wasting a lot of build area.

Cheers

Posted · Cura feature request: A new buildplate adhesion type

It think what your are talking about is what Prusa has done with their Printer Profile for the Original I3 Mk2. They call it an 'Intro' line. I 'adopted' (with slight modifications) it for my A3 and it works very well for priming the nozzle without having to print a skirt. Perhaps it will work for you:

G92 E0.0 ; reset extruder distance position
    G1 Y-3.0 F1000.0 ; go outside print area
    G1 X60.0 E9.0 F1000.0 ; intro line
    G1 X100.0 E21.5 F1000.0 ; intro line
    G92 E0.0 ; reset extruder distance position