Export Sliced Object to STL or OBJ?

kmanstudios

Posted · Export Sliced Object to STL or OBJ?

When I have done some slicing and playing with settings, I have found that every once in a while the "Make Overhangs Printable" produces a nice aesthetic result. I have only been able to save the file as if it was the original version.

Maybe I am not doing something right, but it would be nice if it can be done or incorporated into the software.

Yes, I can build it on my own, but if the software can do it so darned quickly, why not let it be output?

Or, am I missing something?

Make overhangs printable does so by performing some magic on the 2D level of the slicing process. This is a whole different ballpark then doing the same thing in 3D.

We can't save the modified result, because we don't have the modified result ;)

Well shuckydarns....I just used it on two minor objects I had made and it presented an elegant solution.

As I said, no problem making the changes, just thought if it was done, then why skin the cat twice?

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies